Login Failed

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Login Failed

Postby MezMarauder » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:24

Hi. I'm new to Linux and was trying to add administrator priviliges through the system settings. Sorry but I got no idea what I did and now after reboot my user name appears but when I enter my pass it says "Login Failed" :cry: Can anyone
pleeaase tell me how to login as root or anything from the login screen and i'll try to figure it out from there :) .

Thanks a bunch mates.
MezMarauder
Baby Hen

Re: Login Failed

Postby dunsurfin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:00

MezMarauder wrote:Hi. I'm new to Linux and was trying to add administrator priviliges through the system settings. Sorry but I got no idea what I did and now after reboot my user name appears but when I enter my pass it says "Login Failed" :cry: Can anyone
pleeaase tell me how to login as root or anything from the login screen and i'll try to figure it out from there :) .

Thanks a bunch mates.

Did you use kuser or any other graphical user management tool ? If so, your root password is probably broken too. :(
Logging into a GUI as root is deprecated viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16774&hilit=+security but you can see if your root password has gone by choosing terminal from the session tab at the login screen then trying to login as root. If it's also broken, you will probably find a re-install the easiest road to take but there is a way to reset the passwords and you will find it on the second page of this thread viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16777&hilit=kuser
Best of luck. :)
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area