gnomad2 e creative zen v

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby martaplt » Tue Aug 11, 2009 15:34

hi!
I've just bought an mp3 reader Creative Zen V because I had seen I could use it on lInux with Gnomad 2. But I'm not able at all to install Gnomad2. Please, can someone help me? I need very clear and precise indications because I'm really a Beginner User.
Last edited by martaplt on Tue Aug 11, 2009 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
martaplt
Baby Hen
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:43

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby ReemZ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 16:12

Please post in English here, so non-Italians may help you as well :)
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50
Location: Here! No, here! Over heeeeeeere!

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby martaplt » Tue Aug 11, 2009 16:21

ReemZ wrote:Please post in English here, so non-Italians may help you as well :)


done :)
martaplt
Baby Hen
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:43

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby ReemZ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 16:42

martaplt wrote:hi!
I've just bought an mp3 reader Creative Zen V because I had seen I could use it on lInux with Gnomad 2. But I'm not able at all to install Gnomad2. Please, can someone help me? I need very clear and precise indications because I'm really a Beginner User.

The best thing to do, is browse the forum (look for stickies) and wiki, especially the one on Entropy, which is Sabayons binary package manager. Read it carefully and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask them :)
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50
Location: Here! No, here! Over heeeeeeere!

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby wolfden » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30

can you explain further on this unable to install Gnomad2
wolfden
Sharecropper
 
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
Location: Midwest USA

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby martaplt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 18:44

wolfden wrote:can you explain further on this unable to install Gnomad2


With "unable" I intended that, after the download of Gnomad2 from the website, I had no idea about how to procede with the installation of the software. I don't know any program language and I'm not able to use the shell, for this reason I needed very precise instructions.
Not knowing how to procede by myself, I asked help to a friend. He spent a few hours, but he managed to install Gnomad2. He explaied me that there were some packages missing, and it hasn't been very easy to understand how to find and to install them.
Anyway, thanks for your interest.
martaplt
Baby Hen
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:43

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby ReemZ » Thu Aug 13, 2009 18:50

martaplt wrote:
wolfden wrote:can you explain further on this unable to install Gnomad2


With "unable" I intended that, after the download of Gnomad2 from the website, I had no idea about how to procede with the installation of the software. I don't know any program language and I'm not able to use the shell, for this reason I needed very precise instructions.
Not knowing how to procede by myself, I asked help to a friend. He spent a few hours, but he managed to install Gnomad2. He explaied me that there were some packages missing, and it hasn't been very easy to understand how to find and to install them.
Anyway, thanks for your interest.

Sabayon Linux Constitution, Rule Number One:
Thou shalt NEVER try to install downloaded software, thou shalt ALWAYS use the Package Manager.
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50
Location: Here! No, here! Over heeeeeeere!

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby dunsurfin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 19:35

martaplt wrote: I'm not able to use the shell,


There is the graphical way of installing programmes. It's called "Sulfur" . Before going any further, it will help if you say what version of Sabayon you have installed.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen
 
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 21:38
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne UK

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby martaplt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 20:24

dunsurfin wrote:
There is the graphical way of installing programmes. It's called "Sulfur" . Before going any further, it will help if you say what version of Sabayon you have installed.


A graphical way? Fantastic! That's what I need! I have installed 2.6.26-sabayon.
martaplt
Baby Hen
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:43

Re: gnomad2 e creative zen v

Postby ReemZ » Thu Aug 13, 2009 21:12

martaplt wrote:
dunsurfin wrote:
There is the graphical way of installing programmes. It's called "Sulfur" . Before going any further, it will help if you say what version of Sabayon you have installed.


A graphical way? Fantastic! That's what I need! I have installed 2.6.26-sabayon.

.26? Sounds like SL 3.5 to me...that's not even supported anymore!
Anyway, before trying to update/upgrade/install, read the Wikis on Entropy (Package Manager) and Sulfur (graphical front-end), and on Equo (Command Line Interface to Entropy), to make sure you won't make a few mistakes you're bound to make and need help with otherwise ;)
Make sure everything is up-to-date before trying to install packages.
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50
Location: Here! No, here! Over heeeeeeere!

Next

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron