how to add a local overlay? [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

how to add a local overlay? [Solved]

Postby jfsantos » Fri Jul 31, 2009 16:03

Hello,

I want to build a package from Gentoo Bugzilla. I created a directory /usr/local/portage/local_overlay, added a profiles/ folder in there with a repo_name file. I also added this directory to my PORTDIR_OVERLAY var in /etc/make.conf and unmasked the package in package.keywords. Then, I created a category dir (sci-electronics, in my case) and put the ebuild in there. But when I tried to create a digest for the ebuild, I got this message

Code: Select all
# ebuild /usr/local/portage/local_overlay/sci-electronics/gnuradio-3.2.2.ebuild digest
Appending /usr/local/portage to PORTDIR_OVERLAY...
!!! /usr/local/portage/local_overlay/sci-electronics/gnuradio-3.2.2.ebuild does not seem to have a valid PORTDIR structure.:

I don't know which PORTDIR structure is that. I searched in Gentoo forums, gentoo-wiki.com and could not find anything that helped me. The ebuild is http://bugs.gentoo.org/90667, if anybody wants to check it. Any ideas?

Thanks!
jfsantos
Baby Hen

Re: how to add a local overlay?

Postby wolfden » Fri Jul 31, 2009 19:56

wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: how to add a local overlay? [Solved]

Postby jfsantos » Fri Jul 31, 2009 21:19

It was a silly mistake - I forgot to create the package_name directory (that is, /usr/local/portage/local_overlay/sci-electronics/gnuradio). The ebuild file was inside sci-electronics directory instead...

Thank you, the example you posted helped me to notice what was wrong!
jfsantos
Baby Hen

Return to Portage|Emerge Package Managers