an apology?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby shoarthing » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:06

blakes7 wrote: . . . The only parts that i can salvage from chris' computer are the hard drives and a ram stick which makes it all irrellivant know.
. . . forgive the slightly macabre curiosity; but what on earth was your involvement in doing harm to - someone else's - for Pete's sake - computer sufficient to kill the CPU/PSU/Video-accelerator/Motherboard/etc & etc? - it is fairly difficult for even those with long, sad experience of the breadth & depth of pebcak to imagine how any user & an optical disk could together wreak such havok on a presumably working computer.
Last edited by shoarthing on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
shoarthing
Simple Hen

Postby eduardhc » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:20

shoarthing wrote:
blakes7 wrote: . . . The only parts that i can salvage from chris' computer are the hard drives and a ram stick which makes it all irrellivant know.
. . . forgive the slightly macabre curiosity; but what on earth did you do to [someone else's - for Pete's sake] computer sufficient to kill the CPU/PSU/Video-accelerator/Motherboard/etc & etc? - it is fairly difficult for even those with long, sad experience of the breadth & depth of pebcak to imagine how you & an optical disk could together wreak such havok on a presumably working computer.

I was wondering the same... What the hell you did :D?
eduardhc
Technological Hen

Postby mars » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:36

shoarthing wrote:it is fairly difficult for even those with long, sad experience of the breadth & depth of pebcak to imagine how any user & an optical disk could together wreak such havok on a presumably working computer.

You mean methods not involving aid of thermite and/or grenades? :lol:
mars
Growing Hen

Postby Dark_MaGe » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:43

maybe playing too much cold war the bomb on the demo exploded wiping out his room :lol:
Dark_MaGe
Your Farmer

Postby shoarthing » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:44

mars wrote: . . . . You mean methods not involving aid of thermite and/or grenades? :lol:
. . weeeeell: reading between the lines; it looks as if OP is seen by himself or his acquaintance as the 'expert' & the actual user, for whom this apology is being sought, is a builder.

When a starving student I worked on building sites, &, come to that, since then have supervised them, so believe that absolutely nothing is beyond the powers of yer average worker or even tradesman . . but still . . . . . .
shoarthing
Simple Hen

Postby mars » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:58

getting a bit further off topic;

Yup, but that might mean the said actual user of the computer could himself have delivered the fine materials to properly prepare his own hardware for demolition. Not saying it is so, but it could.

Would not have been much of a problem for anyone to gather some explosive stuff and such, but easier to run a diskwiping program. Not as much fun tho. Let me listen to some more Nerdcore.

Kind regards
mars

Now playing: McPlus+: "Man vs. Machine"
mars
Growing Hen

Postby lxnay » Fri Oct 13, 2006 13:14

moving to Off Topic....
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby mars » Fri Oct 13, 2006 13:29

lxnay wrote:moving to Off Topic....

lxnay, you owe someone an apology for moving this thread to off-topic, i'm sure :twisted:
mars
Growing Hen

Postby lxnay » Fri Oct 13, 2006 14:04

mars wrote:
lxnay wrote:moving to Off Topic....

lxnay, you owe someone an apology for moving this thread to off-topic, i'm sure :twisted:

My apologies... ( :P ) It's hard to satisfy all.

And I am sorry blakes7, but think about a knife, you can use it to cut your bread, but you can even use it to kill someone. The difference, is how you use it.
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby cvill64 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 16:04

what the hell? is he blamming us for his computer building skills and it blowing up? I can't even understand this topic...
cvill64
Sagely Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic