an apology?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

an apology?

Postby blakes7 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:36

I think you owe chris an apology.
I have just spent 20 mins on the phone with his girlfriend (she is upset that chris destroyed his computer). Chris is a very polite and friendly person who doesn't swear - ever! He had to have been pushed pretty had for him to fireoff like that to people he doesn't know, he won't even swear at me and we've been friends for 27yrs.
I have done the best i can with with the information provided to me (over 400 pages of documentation) most of which was unhelpfull. Someone really needs to sort out this documentation soon. If it crashes the computer or makes it unstable then the documentation is wrong.
I would have thought that 47 days is more than enough time to spend 30 seconds to reply to a newcomer, obviously not.
I have downloaded 2 copies of your dvd and chris broke his dl cap by downloading your mini - you may want to offer to compensate him for that.

I know about computers, chris builds houses.
Baby Hen

Postby kolsyra » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:41

What are you smoking?
Young Hen

Postby lxnay » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:54

I want that drug!
Join us on IRC ( #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
Land Owner

Postby blakes7 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:57

You have made enough mods to the gentoo system that rr4 can be considered a real distro in its own right. My suggestion to you is to correctly document and support your project or pull the distro from the public arena. You owe it to your users.

You have my email contact me. My name is George Blake.
Baby Hen

Postby ed » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:21

ROFL! It just doesn't work like that. Sabayon is still Gentoo so most of the documentation provided by Gentoo is still applicable. Can you actually tell everyone what your problem is?
Simple Hen

Re: an apology?

Postby mars » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:30

blakes7 wrote:If it crashes the computer or makes it unstable then the documentation is wrong.

For sure, no one said anything about malfunctioning or misconfigured hardware.
Of course, I know the ins and outs of ALL the hardwarecomponents my computer contains.

From the electrical and thermal conductivity of the casing to the switching powersupply through to layers one to seven of the osimodel and i am a guru in application- and sessionlayer blablabla.

Something about a pot and a kettle.
Chicken and egg.
Wait, i am testing sabayon. Zabaglione is a dessert made with eggs!
I suddenly know how to make zabaglione!
I am a chief in a five-michelin-star-restaurant!

Who wants to work for me?
I know everything!
No need for me anymore to listen to other people....

It is getting quiet here now i am at the top and have nothing to learn anymore.

But quiet.

I wonder if there is anyone around?

Hello! HELLO! Anyone here?

HELP! I FEEL LONELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Growing Hen

IMHO: Just a nother noob

Postby tjrtm » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:36

Dear George,

Today i was not in a mood for anything, but when i read your post, i've noticed a smile in my face.
So i think i own you...

What about your post ...
First of all i'd like to know one thing: DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS GENTOO
Poundering smthng 'bout documentation?
GENTOO is the best documented linux distro in whole world (correct me if i'm wrong)
My sugestion to you is: Go home, have a cup of coffee, relax. If you are not happy with sabayon, so it is not for you. No one except yourself is responsible for what you do to your pc.
If you have problems installing, using, or doing anything else, please feel free to ask in the forum, post your problem and you will get help.
lxnay made a lot of modifications, and everything he gets is complains from such noobs like you.
We all own lxnay an apology for complaining..

So roll another one, and lets get high!!! :lol:
Last edited by tjrtm on Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Baby Hen

Postby kolsyra » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:03

take it easy on the guy, he's been trough some rough times :wink:
Young Hen

Postby blakes7 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:18

Forget it. You wouldn't read it anyway.

The only parts that i can salvage from chris' computer are the hard drives and a ram stick which makes it all irrellivant know.
Baby Hen

Postby jet » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:37

First .. you should read the GNU OS license, there is a part where it says that if you use this software, you use it on your own responsability. So if you aren't a computer expert don't experiment and then clame that you did everything right and that the blame is on the producer of the software.
Anyway, sabayon has a large comunity of (even first time) users, so it's really out of the question everything that's said here..
Simple Hen

Return to Off Topic