Doing a ISO with molecule

If you are using the daily ISO, please report issues here to keep confusion down in other forums. Questions or issues with Molecule also here

Moderator: Moderators

tinogil
Baby Hen

Doing a ISO with molecule

Post by tinogil » Mon May 21, 2012 2:45

I'm testing in VirtualBox SL with LXDE for a computer with low resources, and I want to do a ISO with all my custom changes. I don't like how LXDE iso in repo is done, no direct login in LXDM and other things aren't configured. I did this in others ISO with a script adding the config files in the chrooted, but here my question: is posible to do this like adding a custom package in the list of packages to add? are there an easy and different way to do the folders with the files and add them to the ISO?
Tino

wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: Doing a ISO with molecule

Post by wolfden » Tue May 22, 2012 6:19

There is this for example:
http://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title ... le_Example

You can cp files/folders over, but you can't touch the users home directory. The skel files setup the home directory.

tinogil
Baby Hen

Post by tinogil » Tue May 22, 2012 14:15

Thanks for the answer.
<<you can cp files/folders over, but you can't touch the users home directory. The skel files setup the home directory.
Yes, I know this and is the way that I did the ISO's. I know that the live ISO create an user with the skel files. My question is if there are a way to do a package with all custom skel or backgrounds and add them to the ISO like the others packages from a local folder?. I guest that this is not posible because the packages come from the repositories...

wolfden
Sharecropper

Post by wolfden » Thu May 24, 2012 5:54

I don't see why you couldn't just tar up the files, cp it over and than have it extract it all to the proper paths.

I don't know if molecule could work with a local repository.

tinogil
Baby Hen

Post by tinogil » Thu May 24, 2012 8:17

thanks. I'll try this.
Tino