Remastering Sabayon_Linux_DAILY_amd64_Xfce.is

If you are using the daily ISO, please report issues here to keep confusion down in other forums. Questions or issues with Molecule also here

Moderator: Moderators

welele
Baby Hen

Remastering Sabayon_Linux_DAILY_amd64_Xfce.is

Post by welele » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:51

Hi,

At the moment, i build a custom iso form spinbase image using molecule and a custom .spec file. But is there a way to start from the Xfce image instead.
I try changing the source iso in .spec file, but molecule can't handle the squash file of the Xfce image (in fact, molecule try to mount livecd.squash like in spinbase, when squash is LiveOs/squashfs.img ).
Is there a way to change this behaviour of molecule (Env variable? .spec entry? ).

albfneto
Sagely Hen

Re: Remastering Sabayon_Linux_DAILY_amd64_Xfce.is

Post by albfneto » Mon Aug 19, 2019 22:09

Please, if possible, post your custom .spec file , here or in a pastebin file (or alternative site)
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE

welele
Baby Hen

Re: Remastering Sabayon_Linux_DAILY_amd64_Xfce.is

Post by welele » Wed Aug 21, 2019 14:35

The spc file : https://pastebin.com/TT4QtLsC

The spec is a copy of sabayon-amd64-xfce.spec of the sabayon molecule github repository, with some additionnal package in "package_to_add:" .

When i change "%env source_iso: ${SABAYON_MOLECULE_HOME:-/sabayon}/iso/Sabayon_Linux_${ISO_TAG:-LATEST}_amd64_SpinBase.iso" to
"%env source_iso: ${SABAYON_MOLECULE_HOME:-/sabayon}/iso/Sabayon_Linux_${ISO_TAG:-LATEST}_amd64_Xfce.iso", molecule fail to mount squash file.
Molecule mount the xfce iso correctly, but fail to unsquash livecd.squash. Which is normal since livecd.squash doesn't exist in Xfce iso and is called LiveOS/squash.img.