Why isn't there Application software app like in Ubuntu or etc? How do i get it?

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :)

Moderator: Moderators

ArchitS
Baby Hen

Why isn't there Application software app like in Ubuntu or etc? How do i get it?

Post by ArchitS » Wed Aug 19, 2020 18:08

Hi,

I come from ubuntu and most of the people know that there is a app called application software where you can go and download software in one-click(like Microsoft store in windows). But why isn't there on in sabayon? do i have to rely on the terminal for everything? If i can, how do i get the Application software app using terminal? let me know ASAP and Thank You.

joost
Sagely Hen

Re: Why isn't there Application software app like in Ubuntu or etc? How do i get it?

Post by joost » Wed Aug 19, 2020 18:14

There is Rigo, that is the Graphical Package Manager
My blog | Mastodon | Please support Sabayon: Become a Patron

Stupot
Sagely Hen

Re: Why isn't there Application software app like in Ubuntu or etc? How do i get it?

Post by Stupot » Mon Aug 24, 2020 15:18

Yep, just as joost said, you can use Rigo which is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) around entropy (Sabayon's package management system).

You will find that when you ask for help though, you'll mostly get terminal commands. It's much easier to say "Type this exact thing" then it is to say "look for this button, click it, then look for this button, then click it, then go to the search bar, click in, then type...."

ssear
Baby Hen

Post by ssear » Tue Sep 08, 2020 18:25

joost wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 18:14
There is Rigo, that is the Graphical Package Manager
Got the same question.

Thank you for the info.

Regards