Back to Sabayon

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :)

Moderator: Moderators

clarkjohnken
Baby Hen

Back to Sabayon

Post by clarkjohnken » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:58

I am new to Sabayon and come with the usual Ubuntu, Debian and now running Arch background.

I just took the time to install Sabayon, yesterday.

I like to play World of Tanks with Play on Linux Wine 1.9.23 stage and it works just fine on Arch after installing some important files.

First try WoT ran but only on 12 - 15 fps what means to me the 32 Bit drivers for NVIDIA are not installed. New to Sabayon, I couldn't find them with RICO either.

Now it crashes at start, which usual is an indicator for a missing file, responsible for "files" "lib32-libldap" which I can't find either.

So, not knowing the system, leaves me stranded and I would need some help, which would also help me to understand how to get files I need on my system, plus maybe compiling if necessary.

I am spoiled with Arch, everything is there on a click.

dave_64
Advanced Hen

Re: Back to Sabayon

Post by dave_64 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 21:11

After installing and rebooting, you should run the update command, and then the upgrade command. Then you can start installing other stuff. To install nvidia drivers, you need to match your kernel version with the matching nvidia driver (and nvidia userspace package). You then need to run: eselect opengl list and if nvidia is listed, but not marked with an asterisk, run:eselect opengl set nvidia. You can do all that from a non-graphical interface, but, it is easier if you have a gui and a terminal (with root access). What kernel are using?