Want to install to Raspberry Pi 3B+

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :)

Moderator: Moderators

Mercurybird
Baby Hen

Want to install to Raspberry Pi 3B+

Post by Mercurybird » Sat Aug 24, 2019 19:07

But all the images I have been able to find are in the .ISO format. I know that is the wrong format for the Rasp. But the website says it is specifically written to be compatible with it. I am confused. What I have read about Sabayon has made me realize it is what I have been looking for. Sabayon is the needle in the haystack.

There is a tarball.tar.gz format. I am hoping that is the one. But it is an AMD format. I really need the .img file format for Raspberry pi. What am I missing here?

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Re: Want to install to Raspberry Pi 3B+

Post by sabayonino » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:35

Hi.
check here : http://mirror3.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/s ... o/monthly/

but the Rasp images were released on 2016

see Sabayon Article.

Mercurybird
Baby Hen

Post by Mercurybird » Sun Aug 25, 2019 16:31

Thank you soooo much. Gonna go install it now!:-D

Mercurybird
Baby Hen

Post by Mercurybird » Mon Aug 26, 2019 17:23

Well I have it installed to the card. But it hangs at the four colored screen. I used unxz and dd to flash it, like the page said. when I look at the contents of the SD card I'm seeing something strange. The bootcode file shows to be a bin file but the icon for it suggests that it is a,, ultraISO file. the kernel and kernel7 files have the same icon. And it says they are ultraISO files. Yet the ultraISO program says it is an unknown or corrupt image file. I tried to mount the three files to the card using WinCDEmu but it errors out. Does anyof this sound familiar? Is there a copy of those three files I can download and replace what I have? Thanks for your help.

Mercurybird
Baby Hen

Post by Mercurybird » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:05

I have looked at everything else and I can understand if it is all needed to enjoy and use Sabayon correctly. But am I missing something here? Do I need to do something special, or hidden, in the enthalpy file just to get it to boot? I don't think so. No one would do something like that with a program they worked so hard on to give away. Maybe I need to ask the question in another way? Is there something wrong, or unintelligent, about the way I described the issue I am having? Or the help that I need? The Bootloader, Kernel, and Kernel7 files show to be in the UltraISO file format. So I'm just asking is that is something you did to protect the integrity and ownership of your files. I have read the description somewhere of what is included in Sabayon, and I am intrigued. I am running Windows, and am ready to make a break from it. So I looked for something to make the break a little easier. I think Sabayon will do just that. Sabayon is a jewel compared to what I have been running on my raspberry pi. Rapsbian Buster. Need I say more? It doesn't even have a half descent email app. I will gladly make a nice donation if you'll just help me to get the thing to boot. I'll read and do the heavy lifting myself like everyone else. But this has me stumped. If I can't get the damn thing to boot it up- I'll just go away and find some piece of shite distro and get drunk enough to like it. Kinda like the girls that are left at closing time. No offence.... just frustrated. I downloaded peazip and took Sabayon apart and pulled out the three files in iso so I would know that it wasn't my system that was borking those files. But they are still ISO. Nothing is wrong with my Pi. I have also tried flashing Sabayon with BalenaEtcher, but got the same results.