New Installation Error

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :)

Moderator: Moderators

mickey
Baby Hen

New Installation Error

Post by mickey » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:47

Hello People, I'm brand new to Sabayon, only been testing the Live OS, I tried installing twice & upon fresh bootup recieved error messages as follows~
"Give root password for maintenance, (or press control-D to continue), You are in emergency mode, after logging in type "journalctl -xb" to view system logs, 'systemctl reboot' or 'systemctl default' to boot into the default mode." etc etc
I have tried every one of these with NO result as yet, I am hoping someone would suggest a strategy PLEASE ?? Thanks Soo Much for any advice!
Mickey

Stupot
Sagely Hen

Re: New Installation Error

Post by Stupot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 15:24

Mickey,
What Version of the Live OS did you try?

mickey
Baby Hen

Re: New Installation Error

Post by mickey » Tue Aug 20, 2019 0:52

Hello Stupot and Thanks for your time ! I tried the latest Mate version, I have set up disc as follows~ Windows 7 at beginning, then a '/root Sabayon' (As a Primary Partition) then an extended partition where i put '/home sabayon' & a Swap... After reading that a separate /boot Part is unecessary I didn't create one, I just put Sabayon boot files into MBR. I have installed 2 other Linux OS's on same laptop previously without any problems hence my confusion.
P.S~ I am very new to Linux so any guidance would be MUCH appreciated... Thanks again !
Mickey