Just wanted to drop a line that, after having putzed around with Gentoo for the last couple of months, trying to get it installed successfully on 3 machines:
- Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E545 (AMD A6 5350 w/ RadeonHD (crippled) integrated graphics & 8 GiB RAM)
- Dell Inspiron 3521 (Intel Celeron 1007U w/ i915 integrated graphics and 4 GiB RAM)
- my aging desktop home-built DT:
- Intel Core i7 965 EE
- eVGA X58 Classified 3
- 12 GiB triple-channel DDR3 RAM
- SanDisk Ultra II 960 GB SSD (main)
- Crucial MX500 256 GB SSD (home)
- 2 * Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200.12 HDs
- /boot 500M (kind of future proofing for move to (u)EFI based machine soon
- LUKS over LVM on remaining 89x GiB of main SSD - 50G /, 200G /var, and 4G swap all inside (remaining ~600 GB inside LVM for use down the road)
- LUKS over LVM on entire 256GB SSD - all space dedicated to /home inside.
Only issues I'm having are with sound, everything else seems to work, through install, post-install, reboot and first full update/upgrade cycle on all 3 machines.
Thank you for this distro!