Spinbase Wiki

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Spinbase Wiki

Postby henry.gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:46

Hi, I am wanting to know if there is a wiki on installing Sabayon from Spinbase, I find that using the XFCE image has my system running slower, than I would like. I prefer to build it like arch linux so any help would be appreciated.
henry.gray
Baby Hen

Re: Spinbase Wiki

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 23:11

I don't know if it's going to be of interest to you, but I recently posted a 'How to' in my blog which uses the SL SpinBase ISO: How to install Sabayon Linux via the command line using the ‘text installer’. That post shows how to install KDE but you can instead install Xfce if you want. Just replace the relevant command with:

Code: Select all
# equo install @xfce

Looking at the package list of the SL Xfce ISO, instead of the package kdm you're also going to need to install the packages lightdm-base and lightdm-gtk-greeter, and instead of the package sabayon-artwork-kde you'll need to install sabayon-artwork-core and sabayon-artwork-grub. And of course enable lightdm instead of kdm.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area