Immidiate post-install major issue

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Immidiate post-install major issue

Postby gamjaevel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 21:34

Hello! I decided to switch back to sabayon on one of my computers, as I've Been very happy with the stability and helpful community. Have Missed quite a few updates during my abscence.

Oh well back to the real deal. I booted the cd perfectly and it took me to the live environment and i proceeded with my install, everything went nice and smooth until it was Done. I rebooted the computer as suggested but nothing happens. Everything is black and neither key is responding to imput. It stays black for a few minutes then it automatically turns off. I get no Messages whatsoever, so i stans here pretty clueless. Anyone experienced this or know about it?

The computer have ran sabayon for 2 years without problems before so it should work now aswell.

Thankful for any questions or help.

The computer has an nvidia graphic card, which i asume is the burglar in this mess
gamjaevel
Simple Hen

Re: Immidiate post-install major issue

Postby msdobrescu » Tue Apr 15, 2014 14:58

I have the same situation with fully upgraded PC and live DVD.
My working combination was kernel 3.13.7 on top of existing Sabayon or used a DVD image older than 14.01, because 14.01 did start in command line only.
msdobrescu
Technological Hen

Postby gamjaevel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 15:00

Glad im not the only one, found an old CD with Sabayon X Mate on, trying to install that on top to see if might work around the issue! Hopefully it worked out perfectly for you!
gamjaevel
Simple Hen

Postby gamjaevel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34

Unfortunately i've made no progress in even finding the sollution yet. Decided to put it aside and run with Ubuntu ( :(((( ) for a little while until I can be bothered with fixing this issue, search around the web to find answers but it's hard when you got nothing to go on :(
gamjaevel
Simple Hen

Postby msdobrescu » Wed Apr 16, 2014 13:29

People say reinstall of systemd would be the solution. This didn't work for me.
Anyway, I have chrooted and installed an older kernel. 3.13.7 worked fine for me, by kernel switcher tool.
If you could start live DVD from 14.01, your situation is better than mine...
There are several threads with this issue. Hopefully, some of the Sabayon team will try to fix... if they are still with us - I would not be surprised if they left, as we left them alone in financial trouble... See, the fund rising doesn't work as planned...
msdobrescu
Technological Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area