If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Olin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 23:19

:? _After extensive_Sabayon Forum and wiki research, I have yet to discover the method to deactivate or change the Plymouth Boot_Splash at boot up. For clarity, default-splash.png has been resolved and so has boot shut-down splash.

I have installed and implemented Dracut and Genkernel-Next resulting in errors, which leads me to believe that these two utilities require proper configuration to work correctly.

My questions are: What simpler method is there to change or disable Plymouth Boot_Splash such as enabling the grub2 splash themes and if not, is their a template to configure Dracut or Genkernel-Next.

initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-3.13.0-sabayon from a daily sabayon iso. Graphics Card: ATI_Radeon 42xx

Thank You to whom ever might respond to this post.
Best Regards.
A Sabayon=Gentoo want to be a Genius some day, hopefully before he dies first. This is some really complicated stuff. :cyclops:

The following is one method which I have executed resulting in errors; :cry:
list plymouth themes and select one:
plymouth-set-default-theme –list

we select the solar theme:
plymouth-set-default-theme solar

generate initramfs:
dracut -H

NOTE: Whenever you change plymouth theme regenerate initramfs:
dracut -H -f

when you generate a new initramfs notice this line:
I: -rw-r–r– 1 root root 4050903 Mar 6 21:04 /boot/initramfs-3.2.0-sabayon.img
this is the location of the generated initramfs we need to add to the next step.

edit /etc/grub.d/40_custom

menuentry “Dracut” {
linux /boot/kernel-genkernel-x86_64-3.2.0-sabayon root=/dev/sda1 video=uvesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap,[email protected] quiet splash
initrd /boot/initramfs-3.2.0-sabayon.img

regenerate grub.cfg:
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

reboot and select the Dracut entry from grub
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area