Using external display on ThinkPad T60

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Using external display on ThinkPad T60

Postby mdf2t » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:05

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to close my laptop, while still using, when connected to an external (VGA) display. I've gone into power management and selected "nothing" when lid closes on both AC and battery. I don't know what else to do. I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad T60 and a generic 17" lcd display connected via VGA. I just want to be able to close the laptop so it can fit on a little shelf below the main work area. I'm using a USB keyboard and mouse so I have no need for the laptop to be sitting open right next to the external display. I may be over looking something simple. Thanks in advance! I checked in the BIOS and for start up it has Analog(VGA) selected. Everything works good except not being able to close the machine without the system going away. The display says no input and it essentially goes into a standby mode until I open the lid again. Thanks for any help. (Running XFCE if that makes a difference.)
mdf2t
Baby Hen

Re: Using external display on ThinkPad T60

Postby mdf2t » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:07

On the same hand, would there be a way to run these screens together with separate views on each? Two separate work areas maybe? That could be convenient.

Scratch this, I've got that working perfectly (dual set-up). I would still like to know how to run just the single external though and close the lid.
mdf2t
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area