Updating the system

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Updating the system

Postby nomko » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:48

Hi,

I just updated m y system and some kind of terminal look-a-like window was opened. After a few minutes a button apperaed on the right sude with the text OK, thanks. I assume that when clicking on this button, the update procedure was finished. But the temrinal look-a-like didn disappear. The last line is:

>> :: (100%) Calculating updates ::

Is this correct? Can i manually close that terminal window?

Thanks!
ASUS P5KPL-AM SE*Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200*4 GiB ram*nVidia GeForce 9500GT*Realtek RTL8101/8102E*Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7200A*HDD:Samsung HD501LJ/HD103SI*Sitecom X5-N600 Router
nomko
Young Hen

Re: Updating the system

Postby Provia » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:11

What have you used for updating the system? Rigo or a terminal?
Anyway after the update in rigo you may see a terminal like the one you have described. It's all ok in that case.

Just to be clear for the future the terminal update routine in Sabayon via terminal is the following
Update your repo
Code: Select all
sudo equo update

Install all the updates
sudo equo upgrade

Check if some config file has changed
sudo equo conf update

For some extra security you can run a dependencies test
sudo equo deptest

and a library test
sudo equo libtest
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT
Sabayon Linux x64 KDE Limbo
Provia
Advanced Hen

Postby nomko » Thu Jan 02, 2014 13:06

Thanks Provia!

I like to update my system using the terminal since i'm more familiar with updating my system using a terminal as i Always did under Ubuntu/Mint. I'll keep those commands in mind!

Thanks again!

And yes i updated my system using Rigo and clicked the Detail button which eventually shows the "Rigo terminal progress".
ASUS P5KPL-AM SE*Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200*4 GiB ram*nVidia GeForce 9500GT*Realtek RTL8101/8102E*Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7200A*HDD:Samsung HD501LJ/HD103SI*Sitecom X5-N600 Router
nomko
Young Hen

Postby sabayonino » Thu Jan 02, 2014 20:40

nomko wrote:Hi,

I just updated m y system and some kind of terminal look-a-like window was opened. After a few minutes a button apperaed on the right sude with the text OK, thanks. I assume that when clicking on this button, the update procedure was finished. But the temrinal look-a-like didn disappear. The last line is:

>> :: (100%) Calculating updates ::

Is this correct? Can i manually close that terminal window?

Thanks!

your system is updated. No updates to show
sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area