HELP! How to upgrade package manager itself? [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

HELP! How to upgrade package manager itself? [Solved]

Postby hugo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 15:06

The Nov 18 upgrade recommends upgrading package manager. I checked to do it, but it seems it was not upgraded automatically.

The system just moved me to a set of Rigo options. I seem to be with 226, and am lost.

EDITED: I failed to indicate that the opening of Rigo disoriented me. Following the wiki procedures, I am warned that things are up to date, and CLI instructions equo install sys-apps/entropy rigo or equo --version yield no output.
Last edited by hugo on Tue Nov 19, 2013 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
hugo
Baby Hen

Re: HELP! How to upgrade package manager itself?

Postby linuxfluesterer » Mon Nov 18, 2013 16:05

I would open a console (in kde konsole), login as root, and then type the following:
Code: Select all
equo update
equo install rigo-226
equo install rigo-daemon-226

Watch, that you will have installed '226'. Due to dependencies check you maybe won't need to install rigo-daemon. It might be installed automatically.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Re: HELP! How to upgrade package manager itself?

Postby hugo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 18:56

Thank you.

I use the Xfce DE. Anyway, I checked and both rigo and rigo-daemon already are 226.
hugo
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area