Calendar; KOrganizer; Akonadi; QSQLITE3 missing

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Calendar; KOrganizer; Akonadi; QSQLITE3 missing

Postby juha » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:35

KOrganizer wont start due to missing QSQLITE3.
Any fix available?
Thanks
/j
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/dk5cT ... -h207-p-no
Sabayon Linux amd64 13.10
3.9.0-sabayon AuthenticAMD
KDE 4.11.1
juha
Baby Hen

Re: Calendar; KOrganizer; Akonadi; QSQLITE3 missing

Postby linuxfluesterer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:54

Hallo...
did you install a fresh Sabayon (from Live media) or did you upgrade from a version before? For me it looks like an upgrade. If so, you can boot with a Live media again into KDE desktop and start KOrganizer here for a test.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Postby juha » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:03

Yes You are right this is an upgrade.
Tried live session and KOrganizer and Kontact both started. Not sure if all features worked right but it looked better.

Up to these days it has been reasonable do fresh install time to time but now we have games and so much other stuff that rolling release with upgrades/updates sounds a good idea. There seems to be on my /home-drive round 100G storend stuff and half of it is games. Now the question is: does it work just to install on an old /home drive without cleaning up it of old settings files and so? Do I lose my Steam? Does it pay to remove most non personal stuff on /home and use the rest in upgrade?
Perhaps we have a topic here in our forum howto do it.
/j
juha
Baby Hen

Postby linuxfluesterer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:26

I'm rather sure, you won't lose your steam of an old /home drive. The point is the old settings for KOrganizer (Kontact) to a newly installed KDE and its components.
What you can try is to keep a backup from your old home, then do a completely new install and join the steam parts to the new /home drive or path. That is the way I would try it.
The KDE basics in your /home/user directoriy are the .files and the .directories which are new. Steam could be independent of those KDE files and directories.
If you are lucky, all steam settings are in one directory only.
For Kontact and KOrganizer, you can import old data.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area