I installed spinbase 13.x (the latest) in my laptop.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong...but I am not able to get to do the following...
1. I installed wicd thinking its light weight...but was for a rude shock as it downloaded a huge list of packages (try doing an equo search wicd and you will find only one package but you try installing and it was pulling a huge list of kde packages). I thought wicd was independent of any packages relating to K and G.
2. And with that above update it installed kernel 3.9-server...surprise, surprise!!!
3. I installed virtualbox but I have no clue how to invoke it. I tried to open a terminal window (as no menu were automatically updated, and even if I want to edit the menu myself, I have no idea where sabayon has hidden it) and type in vbox, virtualbox, vboxmanager, virtualboxmanager...nothing...a little help on this will be highly appreciated
4. I wanted to install an independent file manager and thought of pcman, but i saw it pulling lxde base for it...really??? just to have a pcman does it need lxde base for it???
5. How to autoconfigure fluxbox so that when you install stuff, it automatically goes to the appropriate menu and auto updates the menu...can it be done?