ISO image not working

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

ISO image not working

Postby ags40 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 15:07

I downloaded ISO images 13.04 and 13.06. Checksum was verified. Writting was verified. I used both R and RW discs in two different computers, and after installation finishes in all cases it never gets to the part where 'reboot' is offered in order to pick 'Restart from first HD', is stays frozen doing nothing. Is the image offered by the mirror faulty?. Please need solutiuon. Thanks
Simple Hen

Re: ISO image not working

Postby nickdanger » Thu Jun 20, 2013 20:11

I am running an install of Sabayon 13.04 (Gnome) from an .ISO (downloaded from the mirror) at this minute, so I believe the ISO image is not the problem. Any additional information you can supply would be useful. If you just boot straight from the DVD in "live" mode (without installing to the hard drive) does the operating system function?

I am not sure if your problem is related, but something to check out:

Simple Hen

Postby ags40 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 20:33

I'm trying the install of a KDE. If I use an old SL 10 disc there is no problem. So I supouse that that is what I'll do. As an aside, it happen the same thing to me with SL 11 and I went the SL 10 route. but the time the update take is a killer. Anyway, thanks!
Simple Hen

Postby svantoviit » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:36

I experience issues when booting the 13.04 and 13.06 ISOs as well. Tried USB and VirtualBox, but no success.
Mostly the booting process just freezes, sometimes I get only fluxbox instead of the actual DE, or the live media requires a password, but nothing works and I'm not able to log in (info from Wiki and ParkerBeta seems to be outdated in this point). When I try to safe boot I get kernel panic.
So there is definitely something wrong with the Sabayon ISOs, maybe in conjunction with particular hardware.
Old Dear Hen

Postby albfneto » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37

In Brazil, in the College, University. one my colleague.
Using the Live DVD Sabayon and it needs a password.
Is a strange problem.
in a brazilian general linux forum, i see issues of no Boot, and of password request, Fluxbox only appears and
even errors in the Anaconda installer.
However, I dont tested, since all of my current sabayons are "rolled" installations.
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area