Login Failed

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Login Failed

Postby fire_dragon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 15:11

Dear friends,
I updated a week ago through equo and after a restart I could not log in anymore. I use KDE and it will go till the login screen from KDE and it will say login failed. I tried as my user and as root, both fail. I tried to login via command, also failed. When I use "recovery mode", then I can log in as root when it says "for maintenance", I can log in as root and as user, but I am not able to do much since it appears to be "read only". When I use ctrl+d in "recovery mode" instead of maintenance, it will go to kde login screen again and logins will fail again.

I am not sure what I did wrong to even make my root not work anymore.

Thanks.
fire_dragon
Simple Hen

Re: Login Failed

Postby dunsurfin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 19:50

It sounds as though you may have run out of space on ./ and the system has become read only. From the recovery mode as root try
Code: Select all
equo cleanup
and that may create enough space.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby fire_dragon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 19:49

Got over 10GB free, its saying invalid file system when running equo cleanup.

Something is wrong with some configuration files I guess, I suspect I accepted some cfg file changes which I better should not.

I can access and edit the file system through a live CD from another distro, so when somebody knows what to edit, this would be possible.

Thanks.
fire_dragon
Simple Hen

Postby fire_dragon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 22:30

If there is no way to recover, I guess I have to reinstall.

:(

thanks
fire_dragon
Simple Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area