I installed Sabayon 13.04 XFCE on my PC recently and was able to configure everything as I like it, except for fixing an awful Firefox fonts problem.
The problem: sometimes a few lines of text on web-page are displayed with bold font. When I zoom in or select text, fonts are back to normal. Also the font doesn't just become bold, but also distorted, unreadable. See screenshots:http://s24.postimg.org/wm412s81h/glitch.pnghttp://s21.postimg.org/xjemtk4gn/clear.pnghttp://s7.postimg.org/x8wxma3jf/glitch2.pnghttp://s18.postimg.org/sywyt8r8p/clear2.png
All software is up to date, including kernel (enabled repository - sabayon-weekly).
Detailed system information:
1. I tried to reproduce this problem in Midori and failed.
2. PC specs:
1) graphic card: NVidia GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2.
2) monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 1680x1050.
3. Kernel: linux-3.9.0-sabayon.
4. eselect-ed graphic driver: nvidia(x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.30#3.9.0-sabayon).
5. Software versions: XFCE 4.10, Firefox 20.0.1.
1) Default font: Sans, 12.
2) Enable anti-aliasing = true.
3) Hinting: Slight (problem also occurred with Full hinting).
4) Sub-pixel order RGB (verified on http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
5) Custom DPI setting: 96 (problem exists with this turned off too).
1) Default font Arial, 18 (problem exists with DejaVu Sans, Serif too).
2) Detailed settings (screenshots): http://s21.postimg.org/stxvwfs7r/Firefo ... _Fonts.png http://s24.postimg.org/xndgje3sl/Firefo ... Colors.png
Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
How can this problem be solved?
Thanks in advance.