Might be switching to Sabayon

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Might be switching to Sabayon

Postby sigahotcore » Sat May 04, 2013 3:17

As tittle says i might be switching to Sabayon .
I have been Linux user on and off since 2007 (i have no college or university or computer related education in my background, all self learned and English is my second language so forgive me for spelling errors or sometimes odd wording ) and for most part Linux OS did very well for my household needs . However , last 3 years i have used Ubuntu and Debian variety but things have become somewhat sketchy there .
Debian stable , well , it is far to stable :) . Ubuntu , well , unity , 6 month releases and whole thing with accumulating of unfixed bugs and sloow and few contribution upstream , make it hard to justify it as my primary OS .
I did know about rolling releases but Gentoo, Arch and Slack were far too far out of my league . So ,few weeks ago i found about Manjaro linux and YOU guys . After reading and trying out live cd i believe i have made my choice , therefore this post .
So , thank you for making Gentoo accessible to masses .

I hope to make a leap in a few weeks and we will see how it goes .
Lets cross fingers ;)
sigahotcore
Young Hen

Re: Might be switching to Sabayon

Postby belcocco » Sat May 04, 2013 8:44

Welcome! :D
If you need help, we are here. :alien:
Good job.
Ciao
belcocco
Technological Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat May 04, 2013 11:34

Welcome. If you've used Debian and Ubuntu for the last three years then you should have no trouble using SL (Sabayon Linux). The SL package manager Entropy -- the command line interface is named Equo; the GUI is named Rigo (and supersedes the earlier Sulfur and Spritz GUIs) -- is different to the Debian and Ubuntu package manager, but no more difficult to use (in fact some people might consider it easier). But please be sure to read the SL Wiki article titled 'Entropy'.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby sigahotcore » Sat May 04, 2013 13:47

Thanks guys , already read about Entropy , will let you know how it goes ! C U SOON ! :D :D
sigahotcore
Young Hen

Postby Provia » Tue May 07, 2013 12:42

Welcome!
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT
Sabayon Linux x64 KDE Limbo
Provia
Advanced Hen

Postby sigahotcore » Wed May 08, 2013 1:35

Thank folks !! Already got it running on a spare machine ! :D :D
sigahotcore
Young Hen

Postby anomaly65 » Wed May 08, 2013 18:51

Awesome. Sabayon is an excellent choice (politely, more advanced than ubuntu which is a good place to start), and the developers and community are incredibly helpful and welcoming. So, "welcome to the party!" :)
--
Use handrails on stairs. A nasty fall face first changes your point of view quickly, and mine permanently :-)
anomaly65
Advanced Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area