More video card related issues??

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

More video card related issues??

Postby heathen » Thu May 02, 2013 20:49

K, so I've been using Sabayon for a couple months now and really like it but am having a couple gliches that would be nice to fix if possible, and upgrading in the last few days hasn't had any affect so I'm assuming they are related to my original video card issue:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=29353
Firstly, if I put my power setting to "suspend" when I close the lid it doesn't recover properly. It looks something like this and it seems the only way I can find to get out of it is a hard restart.
[IMG]http:
//img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/Mincabird/2013-03-24143556_zpsdbfd9eea.jpg[/IMG]

Hibernate and blank screen work fine.

The other issue seems to be imbedded videos, and sometimes photos. For example, say I visit a news website with a video, if the video is partly off screen it goes all snowy even though the sound is fine. But that doesn't always have to be the case, sometimes the video is snowy no matter what. Sometimes leaving the tab containing the video or image and then returning to it can either result in it changing from good to snowy or vice versa. Sometimes if I hit ctrl- to shrink the screen then video will work.
Is there something simple a dummy like me can do to fix this?

(afterthought) I forgot to mention.. if I download the vid and play off my hard drive it works just fine. it's only a problem playing on the website.
just wandering around and poking stuff with sticks...
heathen
Growing Hen

Re: More video card related issues??

Postby dave_64 » Thu May 02, 2013 22:18

This worked for me when youtube had green and blue reversed:
Start a youtube video
right click on youtube screen
choose "settings"
in the first tab
untick "enable hardware acceleration"
dave_64
Advanced Hen

Re: More video card related issues??

Postby heathen » Fri May 03, 2013 2:32

hmmmm... I'll try that and let you know. thanx. :)
just wandering around and poking stuff with sticks...
heathen
Growing Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area