Firefox and bookmarks

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Firefox and bookmarks

Postby heathen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:14

It's kinda trivial, but I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.
It used to be when I went to bookmark a page a popup window would allow me to choose what folder to save the link into. Ever sense the upgrade a week or so ago to Firefox 20 that doesn't work anymore. The link is automatically saved to the bottom of the uncategorized bookmarks and I have to go back and move it into its proper folder later. I sent a complaint to Firefox about it and haven't heard anything back so I don't know that it's been seen or not. It's the only glich I've experienced since the upgrade.
Anyone have any insight or ideas?
just wandering around and poking stuff with sticks...
heathen
Growing Hen

Re: Firefox and bookmarks

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:37

I have just carried out a full upgrade of SL Xfce 64-bit and I'm using Firefox 20.0.1. I do not have the same experience as you do. As always, Firefox asks me where I want to save the bookmark.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby ags40 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 20:38

Same here with SL KDE 64-bit. Everything normal. Just tried it.
ags40
Simple Hen

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Sat Apr 27, 2013 20:35

Same here with Sabayon XI MATE 32Bit.
But sometimes I won't get notified. Simply try to re-save the bookmark again (Ctrl+D or hitting the star).
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area