bottom (notification) area Sabayon/Gnome

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

bottom (notification) area Sabayon/Gnome

Postby bootz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:45

Just a (I hope) simple question, is it possible to make the notification panel on the bottom of the Gnome shell smaller? It has now about double the size from a previous Sabayon/Gnome installation.

Thanks for any help!
bootz
Baby Hen

Re: bottom (notification) area Sabayon/Gnome

Postby makav3li » Thu Apr 18, 2013 22:18

No I dont think so,it's not on Sabayon to "fix that" cos thats just the way Gnome Shell 3.6 DE looks, maybe next version of Gnome Shell, 3.8 will look differently, but I doubt it, you can try to find some shell theme made for 3.4 and maybe that would work .....
makav3li
Young Hen

Postby bootz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 23:14

makav3li wrote:No I dont think so,it's not on Sabayon to "fix that" cos thats just the way Gnome Shell 3.6 DE looks, maybe next version of Gnome Shell, 3.8 will look differently, but I doubt it, you can try to find some shell theme made for 3.4 and maybe that would work .....

Ok, thank you!
bootz
Baby Hen

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Thu Apr 18, 2013 23:30

I'm not using GNOME, but as far as I have read, this should be doable in a conf editor (gconftool is deprecated, maybe gsettings works by now …).
Just as a catchword to start querying your favourite search engine ;-)
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Postby bootz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31

Ryuno-Ki wrote:I'm not using GNOME, but as far as I have read, this should be doable in a conf editor (gconftool is deprecated, maybe gsettings works by now …).
Just as a catchword to start querying your favourite search engine ;-)

Ryuno-Ki thank you for your time. I allready found the dconf-editor which should do the trick but the options I am looking for (org.gnome.gnome-panel.layout) are empty. It looks like Sabayon is doing something "sneaky" 8) with the gnome desktop. Also the supposedly available .theme file in my homedir (.themes) isn't there... All other related tools (found in terminal, type gnome and hit the TAB a few times) don't help me a lot.
bootz
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area