No Internet Audio Streams in Clementine [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

No Internet Audio Streams in Clementine [Solved]

Postby falcon40 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57

I have just recently installed Sabayon 11-KDE and I seem to be having trouble playing internet radio streams with Clementine. Each time I try to access a stream I get the message, "Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in." or "Could not decode stream." I have "ugly" and "bad" codecs installed but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions to get this resolved?

falcon40
Last edited by falcon40 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:54, edited 1 time in total.
falcon40
Baby Hen

Re: No Internet Audio Streams in Clementine

Postby falcon40 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21

I now can play SomaFM and Icecast streams (added gst-plugins-mad-0.10.19). However, I am still unable to play Digitally Imported and SkyFM streams.

falcon40
falcon40
Baby Hen

Postby falcon40 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:16

I loaded a bunch of codecs and now have access to Digitally Imported and SkyFM internet radio streams. Sorry for the previous posts but I am not familiar with the Sabayon/Gentoo codec nomenclature. Does anyone have a listing of preferred/ required codecs for the many and varied multimedia needs out there?
falcon40
Baby Hen

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Tue Feb 26, 2013 17:27

Hm, it's Gentoo and it's Songbird, but here's a list of GStreamer-plugins needed.
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Postby falcon40 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:50

Ryuno-Ki,

Thank you for this information. This is the first time I have had such a big problem with codecs. I think the difference between 0.10 and 1.0 had me confused as to which one to use. I guess using both is alright. For now on I will enable all gstreamer plugins, at least until I get a better understanding of each codec and what it does Thanks again for the information. This is a much more complete listing than what has worked for me in the past.

falcon40
falcon40
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area