first time sabayon

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: first time sabayon

Postby webculb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44

I also do not have a second screen to test this out. If you run into something else though fell free to message me or reply to this thread. I am also just starting out with Sayabon Linux and would more than happy to help you.
webculb
Baby Hen

Re: first time sabayon

Postby linuxfluesterer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53

Hallo and welcome to Sabayon, Memory.
It seems your questions 1,2,4 are rather answered. Good.
To number 3 with 2 screens, the thing is, that xorg.conf is a xdm or graphic environment describing file in which is kept your configuration, as there are your displays, mouse, keyboard and graphics device (nvidia, amd, intel..).
This /etc/X11/xorg.conf is used by your GE (here Gnome) and here you configurated to use a second display.
Before login, it is (I assume) hardware config of your computer, how to deal with a second screen.
So, I fear, there's no choice for you to use 2 screens off being logged in.
But to get 2 screen config every time you log in, you should write this config, you finished, 'as standard'.
At least in KDE 'Display Settings' (I assume similar for Gnome) there is a button you can click and save your config into:
Code: Select all
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
If you don't save, xorg.conf is generated each time, when you boot, but without second screen!
This is my experience, I used 2 screens long time though with KDE (4.9.5).

Anyway, hope to help you.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
TTIP is NOT YET stopped. Especially consider NHS and ISDS topics. Talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Previous

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area