Cannot import movies and sound to Libreoffice Impres 3.6.3.2

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Cannot import movies and sound to Libreoffice Impres 3.6.3.2

Postby paologonzalez » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46

Hi, I just installed Sabayon 11 Gnome 64-bit two days ago.

I need to create a presentation with some audio and videos inserted. Unfortunately, every time I try to add them, an error message appears saying that the format is not supported. I have tried converting to different formats (avi, mp4, mov, ogg, mp3, wav, etc.), but the error keeps appearing. I have also checked, and gstreamer and many of its plugins are installed. I have even tried installing openjdk. Still no luck.

Can anybody help me to find out what is wrong and to fix it? Thank you in advance, and God bless!
paologonzalez
Baby Hen

Re: Cannot import movies and sound to Libreoffice Impres 3.6

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01

Run
Code: Select all
$ libreoffice --impress
from a Konsole or Terminal und upload the error message on https://pastebin.sabayon.org/ - then put the URL here.
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Postby paologonzalez » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:15

Hi, Ryuno-Ki! I tried doing what you suggested, but no error appeared in the Terminal. The error just appears as a dialog box in Impress, and it says, "Libreoffice 3.6: The format of the selected file is not supported."
paologonzalez
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:49

Libreoffice 4 should be hitting limbo repo soon, it was pushed out to the repo, not sure if it has hit yet. Might want to try Libreoffice 4 and see if that makes a dif?
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Thu Feb 21, 2013 20:29

wolfden wrote:Libreoffice 4 should be hitting limbo repo soon, it was pushed out to the repo, not sure if it has hit yet.

Yep, landed today. Note: Limbo is for testing. So don't expect everything will behave stable!
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area