laptop-mode-tools + asus x53sv-mh71

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

laptop-mode-tools + asus x53sv-mh71

Postby st.toma » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:01

i have everything working flawlessly, so good infact for a week and a half i forgot to install laptop-mode-tools, because i have the cpus temerature down and batterylife comparable to windows even with nvidia optimus.

so i installed it and i ran into the same problem i had with it on this specific computer/hd when installing it on a gentoo install i had.

the deal is when laptop is unplugged the partitions or hd will be remounted as readonly and wont work untill i restart it with the cord plugged in, i read someones solution on arch forums but i think it was aiming at something a little different to what i want.

does anyone know the exact .conf line in /laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf that controlls this? i was thinking it was hdparm, i either want to disable what ever feature is the cause, or tweak it obviously if i can because one can see the benifets.

thank you!
st.toma
Baby Hen

Re: laptop-mode-tools + asus x53sv-mh71

Postby st.toma » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:31

actually a quick update, the above problem i have solved, but i have noticed if i type laptop_mode in a terminal itl'l return me with disabled {not enabled/active}, if i run cat /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode it gives me 0 meaning it's not on, then i echo 5 > /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode and than it seems like its running, but if i go back and re-enter laptop_mode it'll still tell me it's disabled.... even though i know it's running because things like wireless powermanagment would kick on and shut my card off and usb-autosuspend will cut my mouse off, and it would do this with out even running echo 5 > /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode, it just would seem like my proccessers would be running at 500mhz more untill i'd echo the command manually.

obviously that isen't normal..
st.toma
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area