Desktops On New User Accounts Not Working

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Desktops On New User Accounts Not Working

Postby dmh53 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 17:17

I am new to Linux and Sabayon and I am having trouble with my install. I have done a clean install of Sabayon 9 gnome, updated the files with Entropy and have checked the md5 checksum. All looks well until I create a new user account for my wife. The account creation process works as one would expect but when I log in to the newly created account I get a mostly blank desktop. I cannot even log out, I have to power off and reboot. I can right click and pull up a terminal window but nothing else. I have reinstalled 3 times an I have the same result each time. I have tried the same process with Linux Mint(two versions) and Ubuntu and the user accounts are OK. The problem seems only to occur with the Sabayon 9 setup. I have also tried upgrading the kernel to 3.4 and used the terminal window and superadduser all to no avail. I have no clue as to how to correct this. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Doug
dmh53
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area