Installing Dropbox (xfce)

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Installing Dropbox (xfce)

Postby mso » Sat Apr 21, 2012 22:24

Hi,

First time user here just ' hopped-over' from LMDE. I am having trouble deciding what would be the best way to install Dropbox. I see a Dropbox package in the Entropy Store, but it seems related to Gnome. Is that the package I need or should I do it through Portage, or..?

Thank you. :wink:
mso
Baby Hen

Re: Installing Dropbox (xfce)

Postby mélodie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 0:09

Hi,
I don't have the right answer for you, (I browsed the packages section and I have no clue) but I will suggest something else, incase it can help you. You can have 10 GB free storage (as in free beer) at minus.com.
If you are interested, tell me in a pm and I will gladly send an invite to you, so I can get 1 more GB free for myself. :D
mélodie
Simple Hen

Re: Installing Dropbox (xfce)

Postby mso » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:49

mélodie wrote:Hi,
I don't have the right answer for you, (I browsed the packages section and I have no clue) but I will suggest something else, incase it can help you. You can have 10 GB free storage (as in free beer) at minus.com.
If you are interested, tell me in a pm and I will gladly send an invite to you, so I can get 1 more GB free for myself. :D

Ha! Thank you for you suggestion but I specifically need Dropbox, guess I'll try installing the package from the Entropy Store. Just hope I don't brake anything.

Incidentally, if you need free webstorage you can also check out box.net (https://support.box.com/entries/2076886 ... otion-faqs) up to 50GB for free if you have a tablet.
mso
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area