5.5 KDE desktop within desktop [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :)

Moderator: Moderators

kage
Simple Hen

5.5 KDE desktop within desktop [Solved]

Post by kage » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01

Hi,

I'm technically spoken new to Sabayon. Had it in the past for a spin but now hoping to learn and keep this distro on my laptop. (acer Aspire 9203)

I Installed from the iive dvd (twice, with separate downloads) Checked the checksum and everything is fine.
After booting the desktop comes up and has no desktop folder. Thats fine with me. 3 icons are on the desktop.
Tried several times over the past few days to get the sabayon repositories but that ends with "not available"

When rebooting afterwards the desktop comes up WITH the desktopfolder lying over the 3 icons and has again 3 icons in that folder

The background of the desktop folder has the same background as the desktop. I have a second cashew on the top thats on 2/3 of the widt of my screen

The backgrounds can be separately changed but I can't get rid of that second desktop.
I can delete the desktop folder but it still has that second desktop afterwards.

so:
- something going on with the 5.5 repo's?
- how can i get 1 desktop?

thnx in advance

kage

joost
Sagely Hen

Re: 5.5KDE desktop within desktop

Post by joost » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:12

Right click on the desktop --> Folder view settings and change the layout to desktop or folder view.
Switching between them should correct it.
My blog | Mastodon | Please support Sabayon: Become a Patron

kage
Simple Hen

Post by kage » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:19

Yes!!!!

Thanks, that did the trick. Any ideas about hte repo being slow or down over the weekend?

kage

joost
Sagely Hen

Post by joost » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:25

We know about it.
My blog | Mastodon | Please support Sabayon: Become a Patron

kage
Simple Hen

Post by kage » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:26

ok thnx, that explains the repo. I will wait and see when it's up again