If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM
- Baby Hen
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 22:46
Well i was installing compiz-fusion and fusion-icon through terminal as root and i got this really strange error:
Code: Select all
* Deprecation Warning: python_version() is deprecated and will be banned on 2010-07-01.
* Use PYTHON() instead of python variable. Use python_get_*() instead of PYVER* variables.
* The ebuild needs to be fixed. Please report a bug, if it has not been already reported.
Any ideas on how to update python to fix this?
Last edited by vampyrex33
on Sun Apr 25, 2010 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
- Sagely Hen
- Posts: 1854
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15
- Location: Ribeirão Preto City, São Paulo State, Brazil
had you tried install Compiz with Emerge or Equo command?, seems to me that was with emerge, not?
please, execute as common user this command:
and post the result here.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
- Sagely Hen
- Posts: 2675
- Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:11
- Location: The Netherlands
No need to worry about it.
This message is meant for the Gentoo ebuild maintainer calling a deprecated Portage function.