LiveDVD of 5.2 k amd64 k uevents problem

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

LiveDVD of 5.2 k amd64 k uevents problem

Postby swillis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 20:47

Hi there, firstly I have a Compaq notebook so I'm always going to have a few problems.

When I try booting the livedvd it stalls at uevents. Then is said it was having difficulty but I'm too newb to be able to extract that info. I want to run the livedvd before I install 5.2 over 5.1. And yes I have checked the iso and the dvd using the methods described in the installation thread and both md5sums checked out ok.
swillis
Baby Hen

Re: LiveDVD of 5.2 k amd64 k uevents problem

Postby swillis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29

Well strangely enough it no longer stops there, it stops a bit later with a black screen, once it went past this to the new visual that looks like an old crt screen but I think it's where the graphical interface is starting. How do I use the 'cheat' hacks with the live cd cause I'm starting to think it's the vid card and want to try those hacks.

Didn't have this problem with 5.1X64k installation
swillis
Baby Hen

Re: LiveDVD of 5.2 k amd64 k uevents problem

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48

You add the boot parameters (a.k.a. 'cheat codes') by pressing F5 when you get to the boot menu when you boot the LiveDVD. If you use the SL Wiki Search facility (keywords "cheat codes") you'll find a couple of articles with examples.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area