GUI mail app not included in default 5.0 x86_64 KDE install?

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

GUI mail app not included in default 5.0 x86_64 KDE install?

Postby ctchoate » Fri Dec 11, 2009 21:29

Hello!

First off, I am new to Sabayon (though not to linux) and want the developers to know that I think they've done a great job with this distro. Thanks!

Secondly, I noticed that no GUI mail app (or none that I could discover) was included on the default KDE install for Sabayon 5.0 that I performed. Is that by design? Or did my install just not work correctly? I checked the md5 and it is correct, so I can't attribute it to a bad burn. It isn't a big deal as I had no problem retrieving Kmail from the repositories, just wanted to make sure that I don't have a flaky installation.

Thanks!
ctchoate
Baby Hen

Re: GUI mail app not included in default 5.0 x86_64 KDE install?

Postby Fac3kk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 21:38

you mean you have no KMail?
Fac3kk
Simple Hen

Postby ctchoate » Fri Dec 11, 2009 21:43

That is correct. After I finished the default install with all options installed using a Sabayon 5.0 KDE x86_64 ISO I found that Kmail had not been installed. I have since installed it from the repositories, but I just thought it was rather curious that it wasn't included in default install. :)
ctchoate
Baby Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 19:58

If you look in the Press Releases shed of the SL Forums you will see that each release of SL has a corresponding press release. In each of these press releases there is a link for the x86 edition and another link for the x86_64 (amd64) edition to a list of the packages supplied with each release. In the case of the SL 5.0 x86_64 KDE release the link to the package list shows that KMail is included. So it should have been installed. I can't check on my installation because I subsequently installed KDE 4.3.3 and that definitely pulled in KMail.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area