Installation and Nvidia Issues

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Installation and Nvidia Issues

Postby wildfire_user » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:53

Hi,

New to Sabayon... any help appreciated.
I have installed Sabayon on my dell M90 but I cannot get the nvidia driver installed, compiz working etc.
Not sure if this matters, but graphical mode on installation didn't work for me either, and it took a few trys to get in installed in basic mode.
It has a retty decent spec, 4g ram with 512MB NVIDIA Quadro® FX 2500M graphics card, it's over a year old but I didn't expect issues with the card.
Should I download Sabayon again and try to reinstall it.

Thanks in advance.......... :!:
wildfire_user
Baby Hen

Re: Installation and Nvidia Issues

Postby crisandbea » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:42

wildfire_user wrote:Hi,

New to Sabayon... any help appreciated.
I have installed Sabayon on my dell M90 but I cannot get the nvidia driver installed, compiz working etc.
Not sure if this matters, but graphical mode on installation didn't work for me either, and it took a few trys to get in installed in basic mode.
It has a retty decent spec, 4g ram with 512MB NVIDIA Quadro® FX 2500M graphics card, it's over a year old but I didn't expect issues with the card.
Should I download Sabayon again and try to reinstall it.

Thanks in advance.......... :!:

you can use driver nv for booting you pc in graphical mode, after you install x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-190.42-r3 and
run eselect opengl set nvidia, and reboot your pc.
crisandbea
Old Dear Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area