No sound in Flash Player [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

No sound in Flash Player [Solved]

Postby ScruffyGit » Tue Dec 08, 2009 14:10

Hi I'm new to Sabayon and this is my first post here on the forums so you may have to bear with me on this one

I'm having an odd problem with audio playback in flash. It was working fine last night but this morning it's just muted. I've tried running alsaconf and adjusting settings with alsamixer but there are no problems there at all. Video playback is flawless but there seems to be nothing I can do to fix the sound.

I don't know if this is a common issue, I've been googling around and I found about 3 threads on different forums regarding it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Last edited by ScruffyGit on Wed Dec 09, 2009 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
ScruffyGit
Baby Hen

Re: No sound in Flash Player

Postby ScruffyGit » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:32

Hi, thanks for the link. I tried following the steps outlines but it hasn't worked. I can't get my head round it because it was working fine before and I hadn't made any adjustments...

The only lead I have is that VLC media player seems to have lost audio too. I've got a day off so I'm going to do some digging and see if I can find anything. Thanks again for your help.
ScruffyGit
Baby Hen

Re: No sound in Flash Player [solved]

Postby ScruffyGit » Wed Dec 09, 2009 15:49

I managed to solve my problem, though I am not sure what precisely went wrong. It was a PulseAudio issue and a simple reinstallation and configuring my sound card got it working again.

Thanks all
ScruffyGit
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area