SaBunToo? [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :)

Moderator: Moderators

elempjr
Baby Hen

SaBunToo? [Solved]

Post by elempjr » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:37

I've noticed alot of references to "gentoo" and Ubuntu from the forum all the way down to the xterm. I'm not by far the most advanced linux user or even the most advanced programmer but i see alot of continuity between both gentoo and ubuntu. Unless i am mistaken, Sabayon has taken the incredible "performability" of gentoo and combined it with the ease of use of ubuntu and given it a very pleasing visual appeal.

I enjoy this new experience as even though it is similar to the other variations of 'nix i've used, it's very different. So far (even after the changing/tweaking/breaking of settings and install after re-install; which to me is the MOST fun of linux) sabayon seems to be my favorite!!

keep on keeping on! and i hope i can keep learning and soon be helping others out here too!!
Last edited by elempjr on Fri Dec 11, 2009 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
~epitomy is the bottom of the abyss
-eal

wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: SaBunToo?

Post by wolfden » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:18

huh?

There is no unbuntu around here.

We are just a preconfigured Gentoo. Any distro can be made easy if you know what you are doing :D

Anyway, Enjoy!

amoebios
Growing Hen

Post by amoebios » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:27

I had the same thought just yesterday! But quickly pushed it back into the dark abysmal void of my mind where it belongs. :D

kodiakmax
Advanced Hen

Post by kodiakmax » Sat Oct 03, 2009 18:01

Yeah, this isn't anything like ubuntu. This is way better and works completely different.
If you check the wiki, use the search function and google you can find the answer to most of your questions.

Remember to mark your thread [Solved] if your issue is fixed.

elempjr
Baby Hen

SaBunToo?... nah

Post by elempjr » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12

after getting more familiar... i realize the error of my ways and see the differences here.
I would like to RETRACT my first statement that included similarity to Ubuntu. Sabayon carries the "ease of use" that ubuntu carries and nothing more. All other similarities are contingent upon window managers and have nothing to do with ubuntu as THESE features can be found on any flexible o/s that allows custom window managers

after all; as humans, we are capable of learning

:)