KDE 4.1 amd64_K Live DVD Freezes Halfway Thru Boot [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: KDE 4.1 amd64_K Live DVD Freezes Halfway Through Boot

Postby Stupot » Tue May 05, 2009 4:04

I would suggest sticking to equo/entropy for new people. You'll get no benefit from using portage unless you configure your make.conf and you'll have to compile every package (takes longer). Most people say you'll only gain about 10% performance gain for all the hassle of using portage.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Re: KDE 4.1 amd64_K Live DVD Freezes Halfway Through Boot

Postby tonyawards » Tue May 05, 2009 4:37

Thank you, Stupot, that's what I'll do. I'm hoping to get into the depths of all this a little at a time. Some things come sooner rather than later and I expect there'll be something else soon enough.
SL Version: XI+, just rollin' along / Kernel 3.8.3 | KDE 4.10.1 | HP dv6000z | AMD Turion64 MK-36 | 2GB RAM | nVidia GeForce 6150
tonyawards
Growing Hen

Re: KDE 4.1 amd64_K Live DVD Freezes Halfway Thru Boot [Solved]

Postby tresa_cho » Tue Feb 23, 2010 23:54

Hey, I've been having the same issue. I tried the steps here and when I got to the line

Code: Select all
/ect/init.d/xdm restart

I received an error saying there was no file by that name. I'm trying to boot Sabayon 5.1 off a liveDVD running a Dell Inspiron e1505 (6400). My computer is running Ubuntu 9.10 fine, and I've tried various xdriver= combinations as well as res= and pretty much everything that you can pull up on a Google search with this issue.

Suggestions?
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and let them.
~Robert A Heinlein
tresa_cho
Baby Hen

Previous

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area