equo broken ?!

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

MongoQ-
Baby Hen

equo broken ?!

Post by MongoQ- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 23:21

I can't install Sabayon packages anymore.

If I do an

Code: Select all

sudo equo install freehdl
(or any other package) I get:

Code: Select all

╠  @@ Berechne Abhängigkeiten...
╠  ## [N] [sabayon-weekly] sci-electronics/freehdl-0.0.8|0
╠  @@ Pakete die installiert/aktualisiert/entfernt werden müssen: 1
╠  @@ Pakete die entfernt werden müssen: 0
╠  @@ Download Größe: 1.4MB
╠  @@ Benutzter Festplattenspeicher: 5.6MB
╠  @@ Du brauchst zumindest: 8.3MB freien Speicherplatz
╠  ::: >>>  (1/1) 1 Paket
╠    ## downloaden: 1 Paket
╠    ## ( mirror #1 ) [sci-electronics:freehdl-0.0.8.4f8d4b68c416e7038d9f6091a4bec2c219f2c1f1~0.tbz2] @ http://sabayon.c3sl.ufpr.br
╠   ## Sammeldownload: 1 Artikel
╠    # [1] sabayon.c3sl.ufpr.br => sci-electronics:freehdl-0.0.8.4f8d4b68c416e7038d9f6091a4bec2c219f2c1f1~0.tbz2
╠    ## Überprüfe Paketprüfsumme...
╠       : [sci-electronics:freehdl-0.0.8.4f8d4b68c416e7038d9f6091a4bec2c219f2c1f1~0.tbz2] GPG validated
╠       : SHA1 deaktiviert
╠       : [sci-electronics:freehdl-0.0.8.4f8d4b68c416e7038d9f6091a4bec2c219f2c1f1~0.tbz2] SHA256 validated
╠       : SHA512 deaktiviert
╠    ## ( mirror #1 ) [sci-electronics:freehdl-0.0.8.4f8d4b68c416e7038d9f6091a4bec2c219f2c1f1~0.tbz2] erfolgreich @ http://sabayon.c3sl.ufpr.br
╠    ##  angehäufte Transferrate: 388.6kB/Sekunde
╠  +++ >>>  (1/1) sci-electronics/freehdl-0.0.8
╠    ## Entpacke: sci-electronics:freehdl-0.0.8.4f8d4b68c416e7038d9f6091a4bec2c219f2c1f1~0.tbz2
╠    ## Installiere Paket: sci-electronics/freehdl-0.0.8
╠    ## [A free VHDL simulator]
╠    ## Updating installed packages repository: sci-electronics/freehdl-0.0.8
☢ Hi. My name is Bug Reporter. I am sorry to inform you that the program crashed. Well, you know, shit happens.
☢ But there's something you could do to help me to be a better application.
☢ -- BUT, DO NOT SUBMIT THE SAME REPORT MORE THAN ONCE --
☢ Jetzt zeige ich dir was passiert ist. Keine Angst, Ich bin hier un dir zu helfen
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python-exec/python3.6/equo", line 16, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_entropy/solo/main.py", line 333, in main
    exit_st = func(*func_args)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_entropy/solo/commands/command.py", line 437, in _call_shared
    return func(client)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_entropy/solo/commands/install.py", line 192, in _install
    relaxed, multifetch, packages)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_entropy/solo/commands/install.py", line 707, in _install_action
    exit_st = pkg.start()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/client/interfaces/package/actions/action.py", line 218, in start
    exit_st = self._run()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/client/interfaces/package/actions/install.py", line 260, in _run
    exit_st = method()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/client/interfaces/package/actions/install.py", line 1410, in _install_phase
    return self._install_phase_unlocked(inst_repo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/client/interfaces/package/actions/install.py", line 1478, in _install_phase_unlocked
    inst_repo, installed_package_id)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/client/interfaces/package/actions/install.py", line 970, in _install_spm_package_unlocked
    spm_uid = spm.add_installed_package(self._meta)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/spm/plugins/interfaces/portage_plugin/__init__.py", line 3183, in add_installed_package
    root, package_metadata)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/spm/plugins/interfaces/portage_plugin/__init__.py", line 3289, in _add_installed_package_unlocked
    package_metadata)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/spm/plugins/interfaces/portage_plugin/__init__.py", line 3029, in _create_contents_file_if_not_available
    with self._PortageVdbLocker(self, root = root):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/entropy/spm/plugins/interfaces/portage_plugin/__init__.py", line 3139, in __enter__
    self.__vdb_path)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/locks.py", line 119, in lockdir
    return lockfile(mydir, wantnewlockfile=1, flags=flags)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/locks.py", line 132, in lockfile
    unlinkfile=unlinkfile, waiting_msg=waiting_msg, flags=flags)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/locks.py", line 332, in _lockfile_iteration
    _lock_manager(myfd, os.fstat(myfd) if fstat_result is None else fstat_result, mypath)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/locks.py", line 99, in __init__
    raise TryAgain(path)
portage.exception.TryAgain: /var/db/pkg

Frame __init__ in /usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/locks.py at line 99
                   path = '/var/db/pkg'
           fstat_result = os.stat_result(st_mode=33200, st_ino=8763429, st_dev=64256, st_nlink=1, st_uid=0, st_gid=250, st_size=0, st_atime=1597444907, st_mtime=1597444907, st_ctime=1597444907)
                     fd = 10
                   self = <portage.locks._lock_manager object at 0x7fa7e860edd8>
☢
Erm... Can I send the error, along with some other information
about your hardware to my creators so they can fix me? (Your IP will be logged) [Ja/Nein]
This seriously annoys me ... anybody any idea on how to fix it? Please help me.

This happened after I tinkered with ebuild, portage and overlays ... https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1117460.html

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Re: equo broken ?!

Post by sabayonino » Sun Aug 16, 2020 0:14

You've an old profile.
Please check to the forum discussions how to migrate to the new profile.There are several topics for this.
Profile change
╠ Contenuto:

Sabayon is based on Gentoo, and Gentoo has a concept of profiles that can be thought as distro wide configuration.
In Sabayon the profile has been switched (or will be switched when you perform an update) to default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop, following Gentoo. From now on, no package installs to /lib32 or /usr/lib32 and /lib is no longer a symbolic link.
Profile switch has been automated to provide you a seamless experience, however there is a couple of things you may want to be aware of.
Following notice is especially directed towards power users.
Applies to all users
====================
No package installs to /lib32 or /usr/lib32, however it is possible that you have some stale packages with files installed there. It is not required to clean them up, but you may consider doing so.
Important: do this only if you are sure that you are already on the new profile! If /lib is NOT a symbolic link, and both /lib32 and /usr/lib32 are symbolic links, you are on an updated system and can continue. Otherwise do the update first.
If in doubt, ignore this step.
a. As a sanity check of the qlist tool used in the process, verify that this command:
qlist -eC app-portage/portage-utils
produces several lines that contain some paths.
b. Find packages that install to /lib32 or /usr/lib32.
equo query list installed -qv | while read pkg; do qlist -eC "$pkg" | grep -q -E "^/lib32/|^/usr/lib32/" && echo "$pkg"; done
Note: if the list of packages exceeds 10, you are probably not updated to the new layout. Make sure to update first.
c. This command should only produce list of old and useless packages. In the first case, just remove them with equo. If you are not sure whether the package can be removed, stop at this point (and ask for help if you would like to continue).
d. Using the command from point b., confirm that there are no packages that install to these directories (execute it again). If there are none, you can remove the symbolic links: rm /lib32 /usr/lib32.
Additional information for Portage users
========================================
If you don't use Portage (emerge) you can skip this section.
Make sure to execute: eselect profile set default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop.
There could be packages that install to lib32 directories which you emerged yourself. Rebuilding them is recommended. After doing it, you can follow steps a-d above if you like.
That's all!
Additional information from Gentoo for the curious:
https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-ite ... table.html