Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

greyghost99
Baby Hen

Upgrade breaks system!

Post by greyghost99 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:36

Hello,

The latest "equo upgrade" managed to completely hose my system:
I got from the notice board that the basic profile change should work automatically, with maybe some special things to clean up later.
After downloading all packages, equo started installing. However, at some point it stopped and sys-apps/sabayon-lib-migration-check advised me to press CTRL-C and make sure this package was installed. Well, I think it wasn't, although I saw no further error messages. But there is hardly anything usable on the commandline left. Most things just complain about libraries "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" now.
This pretty much looks like the only option left is a reinstallation. :-(

Is there any idea what went wrong here, and how I can prevent this from happening on other systems? I have about a dozen more machines to upgrade, and reinstalling them all is definitely not what I intend to do.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

cu
gg

Stupot
Sagely Hen

Re: Upgrade breaks system!

Post by Stupot » Tue Mar 31, 2020 16:16

I never pressed ctrl-c to interrupt anything entropy was doing... I wonder if that was an erroneous message. My system upgraded fine.

greyghost99
Baby Hen

Post by greyghost99 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 17:29

See here (manifesto saved the message, I got the same): viewtopic.php?f=57&t=35756

* Profile migration was supposed to have been done by sys-apps/sabayon-lib-migration
* but it is not the case.
* If it didn't get installed, install it now as THE FIRST AND ONLY PACKAGE.
* If it tried to install but failed, refer to information printed by that package.
* Stopping now. DO NOT CONTINUE THE UPGRADE UNLESS sys-apps/sabayon-lib-migration IS INSTALLED WITHOUT ERROR.
* OTHERWISE YOUR SYSTEM WILL BE BROKEN.
* ! The process has been stopped. Press Control+C once or twice
* ! and make sure the package manager does not continue, and see the error above.

There was no use in waiting, equo wan't doing anything anymore.

picard12
Growing Hen

Post by picard12 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:18

I have he same issue, upgrading stop at the same point:

Code: Select all

Profile migration was supposed to have been done by sys-apps/sabayon-lib-migration 
* but it is not the case. 
* If it didn't get installed, install it now as THE FIRST AND ONLY PACKAGE. 
* If it tried to install but failed, refer to information printed by that package. 
* Stopping now. DO NOT CONTINUE THE UPGRADE UNLESS sys-apps/sabayon-lib-migration IS INSTALLED WITHOUT ERROR. 
* OTHERWISE YOUR SYSTEM WILL BE BROKEN. 
* ! The process has been stopped. Press Control+C once or twice 
* ! and make sure the package manager does not continue, and see the error above.

How i can install as first package? I try a simply comand "equo i sys-apps/sabayon-lib-migration" but the system stop as i wrote.

manifesto
Growing Hen

Post by manifesto » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:18

Actually equo itself wasn't doing anything anymore but probably lib migration was running in the background.
Check :

Code: Select all

#  ls -lad /usr/lib* /lib*
drwxr-xr-x  12 root root   4096  4月  6 11:41 /lib
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      3  3月 17 08:57 /lib32 -> lib
drwxr-xr-x   7 root root  12288  4月  6 11:40 /lib64
drwxr-xr-x 103 root root 106496  4月  6 11:41 /usr/lib
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      3  3月 17 08:57 /usr/lib32 -> lib
drwxr-xr-x 145 root root 188416  4月  6 11:41 /usr/lib64
drwxr-xr-x  24 root root   4096  4月  6 11:40 /usr/libexec
If you have things like lib.new or lib.tmp somewhere it mean migration has started (and probably was interrupted).
You can try to sort out things manually as mentioned in the notice board but it's a bit tricky to find out what need to be done.