gentoo stage3 > sabayon

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

gentoo stage3 > sabayon

Postby genfool » Wed Dec 27, 2017 21:14

Hello fellow chicken footers. :D
Curious if anyone has some advice on getting entropy working from a stage3. I followed this guide here

https://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?titl ... nux_system

Well kinda anyways, Basically I installed a stage3, set the profile to desktop/plasma for future kde, then fully updated the stage3.
Then I went on to adding the sabayon overlay and emerging equo entropy,
Code: Select all
#equo rescue generate

This completes fine, but after this point, I try to do anything with entropy and get error
!!! System database not found or corrupted, running in safe mode using temporary, empty repository

If I run equo install equo entropy, it list 100+ updates and it ask me to accept lic for several packages, then it continues downloading all the packages.
When it gets to installing the packages.
╠  +++ >>>  (1/178) virtual/libintl-0-r2
╠    ## Unpacking: virtual:libintl-0-r2.40b9cbc02e70c49e95f3135ca232c2ef06e432d6~0.tbz2
╠    ## Installing package: virtual/libintl-0-r2
╠    ## [Virtual for the GNU Internationalization Library]
╠    ## Updating installed packages repository: virtual/libintl-0-r2
☢ cannot execute handlePackage on this repository: Cannot continue
forplay /etc # equo install equo entropy

I feel like I am really close to making this work, very possible is something silly am missing.
Searching the forums and not finding anything new to help..
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
genfool
Technological Hen

Re: gentoo stage3 > sabayon

Postby sabayonino » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:54

Sabayon released a Stage3 ready :

http://na.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/sabayo ... all.tar.gz
(or search the image over your favourite mirror)

or is it your purely educational purpose?
[Che Cos'è Il Calcolo Distribuito (BOINC)

BOINC ready ! Sabayon+BOINC = BILD ,my Sabayon spin :cyclops: - Ready to crunch for the Science everywhere :)
sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Postby genfool » Thu Dec 28, 2017 17:02

I like to think life is educational :D
My end goal here would be to build a entropy only system, with openrc and alsa.
Just not sure if that is even feasible, Not sure how many hard deps am going to run into. But would be educational to find out.

I have not been around sabayon for some time, would like to get more involved and help out where I can. In the past I did beta test and help in irc. And Sabayon taught me a lot. ;)
I am using a gentoo stage3 now, I thought it would be more simple as there was already documentation on getting started.
I use funtoo for my computing needs. funtoo has a more robust profile system and recently has gone to "kits"
A kit for example would be xorg. All the deps needed for xorg is in that kit. you have a java kit, desktop-kit, server-kit, gnome-kit, kde-kit. You get the idea, is a little more modular and easier to maintain. A more stable system is always the end game.
It also eliminates the use for overlays, steam could become a kit and you select it in your profile when setting up your system.
Sabayon could also be a kit, When you are building your os, and selecting your profile, just select sabayon.
Will it work? Heck if I know, just something I wanted to try and see how well it would or could work.

First I need to figure out what has changed since the howto was written, to get entropy to recognize/use the repository.
Will probably need to install another sabayon to compare files.
genfool
Technological Hen

Postby sabayonino » Thu Dec 28, 2017 21:40

My end goal here would be to build a entropy only system, with openrc and alsa.

:roll: Good Luck !!! I think it's hard to split/remove systemd from the system

If your goal will be reached we'll thank you and please share your experience (wiki ) :wink:

Sabayon Wiki needs to be freshed !
[Che Cos'è Il Calcolo Distribuito (BOINC)

BOINC ready ! Sabayon+BOINC = BILD ,my Sabayon spin :cyclops: - Ready to crunch for the Science everywhere :)
sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers