Systemd, udev, Xorg and frozen repo

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Systemd, udev, Xorg and frozen repo

Postby ElDuderino » Wed Apr 17, 2013 22:53

Hi,

I have enabled frozen11, sabayonlinux.org and limbo. Xorg (and deps where necessary) have been masked to install from frozen (=1.12.4), so I can still use Catalyst fglrx. The rest is from sabayonlinux.org and limbo. All was fine.

But when systemd replaced udev, it removed sys-fs/udev (fine) and provdides its udev service as virtual/udev.

Checking the ebuild of Xorg-server 1.12.4, it depends on the virtual udev, not udev from sys-fs. Nevertheless, when I run 'equo deptest -a', it wants to reinstall sys-fs/udev (from frozen) and of course remove systemd, although Xorg should be satisfied by virtual/udev (which is installed of course). Why is that so?

Also, setting sysvinit and settingsd to systemd (eselect) makes my system unbootable, I think it cannot mount my home (LV), but that is probably a different problem.

How can I keep Xorg 1.12 ( I know, many of you frown upon that or say it's not viable in the long run or I should use the FOSS driver, but ...) and have all deps met with systemd?

Thanks!
ElDuderino
Growing Hen

Re: Systemd, udev, Xorg and frozen repo

Postby Stupot » Thu Apr 18, 2013 16:01

I'm assuming this is an older AMD card?

Didn't AMD add support back into the newest catalyst for those older cards? I believe that is why I no longer see the 12.6 amd driver in the repos.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Re: Systemd, udev, Xorg and frozen repo

Postby ElDuderino » Sat Apr 20, 2013 21:21

Yes and No. There is now a 13.1 driver for the older cards, but actually it is still two drivers (not both incorporated into one driver): 13.1 for newer cards (now superseded by 13.3) and a "legacy" 13.1, which is still only compatible with Xorg 1.12.
ElDuderino
Growing Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers