How to exlude package from upgrading? [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Re: How to exlude package from upgrading?

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Fri Feb 22, 2013 23:52

linuxfluesterer wrote:Ryuno-Ki, why do you think, I do misunderstand between
Code: Select all
equo update
and
Code: Select all
equo upgrade
?

I work only with equo. And "equo update" won't modify any package on your box. Just sync your local database with the repository. To download and install newer versions, you have to run "equo upgrade". Maybe it's a confusing wording compared with the labels in Rigo. Can't tell, since I rarely run the GUI.

You can fill a feature request on Bugzilla, if you want Fabio ask for examples in the manpages. But afaik they're generated automatically …
We have some articles in the wiki, which are a bit outdated or under revision: Equo, List of Equo Functions and of course: "man equo". I'll update the wiki, when my exams are passed.
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Re: How to exlude package from upgrading? [Solved]

Postby linuxfluesterer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 14:33

Buon giorno, Sabayonino.
Thank you again for your last reply and describing how to recover an older system.
I'll use it for future upgrades then, when I will do an entropy database backup before.
My best friend uses Sabayon SL X KDE also, but after last upgrade, he could no more login to KDE DE.
Standard terminal is still available, so he could execute normal commands as root.
Unfortunately, he doesn't have any backups, neither of entropy database nor the whole system at all.
So, I've hoped to recover his older system packages before upgrading without having any backup.
Now, he will reinstall a new SL, maybe a Daily Build then.
But I will recommend him at least to backup entropy database before upgrading in future.

Have a great day!

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Postby sabayonino » Sat Feb 23, 2013 20:54

linuxfluesterer wrote:Buon giorno, Sabayonino.
My best friend uses Sabayon SL X KDE also, but after last upgrade, he could no more login to KDE DE.
Standard terminal is still available, so he could execute normal commands as root.

He can open a new thread but first he can search in the forum for a similar issue. there are many topics that can help him.
sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Postby linuxfluesterer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 21:42

Ciao Sabayonino.
I didn't want to confuse anyone here.
And I didn't expect to get a specific answer for that problem in this thread.

Buona notte,

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Previous

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers