Very Minor (Easily Fixable) Missing Dependency For Magneto

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Very Minor (Easily Fixable) Missing Dependency For Magneto

Postby ElectricWarrior » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:49

I apologize if someone found this and I overlooked it, but I searched and hadn't seen it yet. Anyway, I did a fresh install of Sabayon XI KDE. However, I like to run LXDE on my laptop (I have both a laptop and desktop) so I used my KDE iso to install Sabayon KDE first. Then, I opened up Rigo and installed the LXDE metapackage. I rebooted, and all was well except that when I entered my LXDE session, Rigo would only start by using a terminal or by using alt+f2. Magneto would not launch at all, and the Magneto icon was missing from the system tray. I checked in Rigo, and found that the Magneto GTK packages were not pulled in when I installed the LXDE metapackage. I simply used Rigo to install those, and restarted my session to find Magneto on the system tray and both Rigo and Magneto working flawlessly.

I wasn't sure how to file a bug report for this and explain it properly, so I thought the forum would be the best place to post this. I apologize again if I missed it in another thread.
ElectricWarrior
Baby Hen

Re: Very Minor (Easily Fixable) Missing Dependency For Magne

Postby wolfden » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16

It sounds like you forgot to run equo deptest ?
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby ElectricWarrior » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20

That would be the problem; I'm new to Sabayon and Equo and am used to Portage only (as in pure Gentoo), it just never occurred to me >_<. Thanks!
ElectricWarrior
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14

be interesting to know if deptest would pull em, but yea, when doing updates you should run the dep check

some tips for good practice on updating
http://wolf911.us/wgo/?p=797
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers