Rigo Fails Periodically [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Rigo Fails Periodically [Solved]

Postby Butch Cassidy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 18:45

Just fails to initialise for some reason. If it's any use, here's what I get if use the terminal to kick start it (sudo)

I did get it back when I installed something Gtk but I can't remember what I did.

Code: Select all
No protocol specified
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rigo", line 39, in <module>
    from gi.repository import Gtk, Gdk, GLib
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 76, in load_module
    dynamic_module._load()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/module.py", line 224, in _load
    overrides_modules = __import__('gi.overrides', fromlist=[self._namespace])
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py", line 1533, in <module>
    raise RuntimeError("Gtk couldn't be initialized")
RuntimeError: Gtk couldn't be initialized

(and su)

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.57:/: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rigo", line 776, in _permissions_setup
    daemon_api = self._service.api()
  File "/usr/lib/rigo/rigo/controllers/daemon.py", line 1870, in api
    return self._execute_mainloop(_api)
  File "/usr/lib/rigo/rigo/controllers/daemon.py", line 1889, in _execute_mainloop
    return function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/rigo/rigo/controllers/daemon.py", line 1869, in _api
    dbus_interface=self.DBUS_INTERFACE).api()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 70, in __call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 145, in __call__
    **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Last edited by Butch Cassidy on Sun Dec 16, 2012 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Butch Cassidy
Simple Hen

Re: Rigo Fails Periodically

Postby micia » Thu Dec 13, 2012 21:28

You should never run graphical applications with either sudo or su, run it as your regular user and it will notify you when it needs root priviledges.
micia
Sagely Hen

Postby Butch Cassidy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 21:59

Yes, but I only did it to try and get some indication of where the problem is. Because at the moment Rigo doesn't even start and leaves me no error message or indication of anything at all.
Butch Cassidy
Simple Hen

Postby micia » Sat Dec 15, 2012 23:58

It looks like some library is missing, did you try to run:
(as root)
equo deptest
micia
Sagely Hen

Postby Butch Cassidy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 22:11

I got to deptest in the end. lol. I figured it out in the end, I'd removed some package or other and not reinstalled it. Being new to SL one thing I realised is there seems to be quite a bit of extra packaging involved between the CoreCDX KDE install and the full KDE ISO install. To me there seems to a bit more 'polish' added in the full ISO (nice end product, btw).
Butch Cassidy
Simple Hen

Postby micia » Sun Dec 16, 2012 23:03

Nice, if you solved your problem, remember to add [Solved] to the topic title, as explained in:
https://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=17059

The final ISO could have some extra artwork package installed, but you can always obtain it from a simple Core edition, the Core editions idea is that they can be used to create different spins and to provide a minimal base to customize Sabayon to your needs.
micia
Sagely Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers