need the source code

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

need the source code

Postby gapvision » Fri May 13, 2011 16:34

hi,

i know entropy is a binary package manager, but what can i do if i want to compile external programms which do not come from entropy (like most scientific software), and which needs the sources and libs of some packages

for example gtk.h is often needed and can not be found when installing gtk+ using entropy. (i found the option source, but this doesnt work for me). I tried several times now to mix Entropy with Portage (i've read http://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title ... nd_Portage), all ending up in a mess. (it worked for this specific problem but im fan of "clean" systems)

Another example is Eclipse, I would like to use the Helios Release (3.6) which is not in Entropy. There is a overlay for portage containing it, but trying to install it, it depends on several other and so on, which leads to big parts of the system being build by portage. I just cant mask them all as told in the HowTo's.

Currently im using a gentoo based system because of this, but i really would like to use sabayon, because many things are just working here, where gentoo needs hours and days of work...
gapvision
Baby Hen

Re: need the source code

Postby enether » Fri May 13, 2011 17:34

I might be wrong, but I had problem with missing gtk.h/gdk.h while compiling audacious-plugins and installing dri2proto and glproto fixed that.

But like I said, I might be wrong.
enether
Baby Hen

Postby gapvision » Fri May 13, 2011 18:17

well might be, but it's not especially this problem, im seeking more a general how to for this kind of problems

but thank you ! :D
gapvision
Baby Hen

Postby DHalens » Sat May 14, 2011 22:07

As for the first example you said,
Code: Select all
equo query files gtk+ |grep gtk.h
>>  ### /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtk.h

Your problem is not that the file is not there but that you need to specify the compiler where to search.
Former Sabayon staff (retired).
For any personal questions or whatever, contact me trough my G+ profile
DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers