VirtualBox using Sulfur

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

VirtualBox using Sulfur

Postby xrohit » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27

I installed VirtualBox using Sulfur and yet it doesnt comes in the "Applications > System Tools".
However I found a binary "VirtualBox" in the /opt/bin directory. I cant run it as root it gives error. I can run it as any other user it says permission denied. When I change its permission it wont change. It only runs from non root account and with sudo. So every time I need to run it I do
sudo /opt/bin/VirtualBox

is there any other step remaining after the installation from Sulfur. Then what the heck is this Sulfur for, if it cant do proper installation ?
xrohit
Baby Hen

Re: VirtualBox using Sulfur

Postby wolfden » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:31

there is a problem with VirtualBox, could you please file a bug. If you reinstall virtualbox it should work fine.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby thecata » Fri Feb 11, 2011 15:41

I never managed to get virtualbox running myself... at least not by just installing from entropy.
However, after following these steps, http://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Using_Virtualbox, it's ok... but only until the next reboot :(
Catalin Pol
Linux user since 2004; Sabayon user since 2006
thecata
Simple Hen

Postby DHalens » Fri Feb 11, 2011 16:49

I've seen issues with virtualbox related with permissions in its files. So far, the only comon thing I've seen is that people where using equo/sulfur with sudo.
So, try to reinstall virtualbox with su, then equo install virtualbox-bin and see if something changes.
Former Sabayon staff (retired).
For any personal questions or whatever, contact me trough my G+ profile
DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers